Tuesday, May 26, 2009
Wednesday, May 20, 2009
Sandbox is a wide container filled with sand where kids can play. It develops the child's imagination and creativity. With buckets and shovels, they can build sandcastles, dig holes, burry things, etc. This is also a place for children to socialize and meet new friends.
I remember playing in a pile of sand in our garage with my brother-- He-Man and Transformers action figures coming out from the sand and beating up the toy soldiers and the G.I. Joes behind the sand barricade.
Fast forward to 2009, sandbox goes digital and enters cyberspace. Like the sandbox we're used to, www.mysandbox.com is also a place to play, enjoy, and meet new friends. Get in the box whether your using your laptop or through your mobile phone!
WHAT IS SANDBOX?
In Sandbox, you can create a profile and update your status for your friends to see. You can upload and view photos and videos, write a blog or join a forum discussion. You can send and receive email and open a live chat. You can download music and games or watch live specials and popular TV episodes. And you can do all this even when you're away from your PC because Sandbox puts all this on the mobile phone. It's a great web experience you can take with you wherever you go.
- What is Sandbox?
Sandbox is a portal that brings content and services you love on the web all in one place.
In Sandbox, you can create a profile and update your status for your friends to see. You can upload and view photos and videos, write a blog or join a forum discussion. You can send and receive email and download music, games and various other content.
- What makes Sandbox different from other websites?
- An online store that allows you to download music, games and movie-themed content to your mobile.
- Tunes, the music store features the latest content including local favorites. You’re not limited to hits in just the US or UK.
- Because it’s delivered to your mobile, it can be charged to either your prepaid load or billed above your postpaid plan. No need for credit cards.
- You’re not charged in dollars. So no need to worry.
- MyGroups simplifies social networking to something visual, fun, intuitive and feature-filled but straightforward.
- Change your status, upload and download photos and videos, post blogs and send private messages to friends in fewer clicks than it normally takes on other social networks.
- You can even create groups and your own mobile site.
- Plus cool Forum discussions will keep you informed and hook you up with people interested in the same things.
- And Mail makes sure you never miss out on the client’s or the boss’s urgent messages.
- Find all these in just one place. No need to hop from site to site to site and suffer multiple sign-ups and logins. Sign up once, login once and get rockin’ on the web.
- Who can register?
Anyone with access to the web can visit and browse the sandbox portal and register as a user.
- Do I really have to register?
To enjoy everything that sandbox has to offer, it is best that you register. Prior to registering, you can already browse content on Tunes, Games and Moviemania and enjoy available previews. But if you want to purchase content you like for your mobile phone or try MyGroups, check out Forums and get Mail, you’ll want to register.
- Does registration take long?
Not at all. It can be completed in less than a minute. Just click on register and fill out the required fields.
- Can I use the services right away after registering?
Not right away but definitely soon after. After completing registration, next step is the activation of your registered account. This involves getting a link and an activation code minutes after a successful registration. Smart mobile users will get this via text message and email. Other users will get this via email. This is to make sure that the person who registered and the owner of the email address and/or mobile number are one and the same. To complete the process, simply go to the link in the message and enter the activation code. Wait a few seconds for the confirmation and you’re on. All services, except Mail, are available to all users after registration. Currently, users with Smart mobile numbers will automatically get an email address and inbox on sandbox Mail, while others will not. We will let you know if or when this changes.
- How many times do I need to register?
You only need to register once. And because our system keeps a record, you don’t have to re-register on each service. We call this the single sign-on. Keeps things simple. Makes it easy. You register only once for Tunes, Games, Moviemania, MyGroups, Forums and Mail.
- Do I register separately for forums, mygroups and email?
The single sign on automatically registers you for all services. No need to sign on separately for each of them.
- Can I change my username and password later on?
Changing your username and password implies the creation of a new account which means you will not hold a record of your information or activity from your previous or original account. So unless you plan to keep more than one account active, the best thing is to keep the same username and password. If you must create another account for any reason, you must use specify another mobile number and email address that will be unique to that new account. Otherwise registration errors will result.
- What if I forget my username and/or password?
If you forget your password, just click on the Forgot password link and your password, along with your username, will be sent to your email address. Just use it the next time you login. Retrieve via web answer security question.
- Do I have to have a mobile number to register?
If you’re buying content to be delivered to your mobile, you have to have a mobile number. But if you don’t you should at least have an email address to allow us to send you an activation code that completes your activation.
- Do I need to register to preview, purchase and download content like music?
You can preview without registering but downloading content requires that you are both registered and logged in. If you’re not registered and you click to purchase and download content, you will be taken to the registration page. If you’re registered and not logged in, you will be shown the login page.
- Can I preview all content types and titles?
You can click on all the previews offered. It’s free. But not all content types and titles will have a preview. On Tunes, most of the interesting music titles we feature will have 15 second previews. Previews of content for Moviemania and Games will depend on the availability of preview material.
- Will I be charged for previews?
Absolutely not. So you’re welcome to check out available previews that interest you.
- Who can download?
Currently, only those with Smart mobile numbers will be able to successfully download content to their mobile phones. An announcement could be made if this changes.
- How much will I be charged for content I download?
Depends on the content type and title. When you hit the download button, the price will show and you’ll be asked to confirm the purchase. So you don’t have to worry. Most content will cost anywhere from just P15 to P50 per download.
- How will I be billed for content I download?
If you’re a prepaid mobile user, the download will be charged against your existing load. On postpaid, you will be billed on top of the plan charges.
- How do I know that the content has been delivered to my mobile phone?
When you download content you will a message will appear to confirm your purchase. After clicking to accept the charges, a message will appear to confirm if your purchase was successful. If successful, a purchase pin will be sent to your mobile phone a few seconds after. Enter the pin in the purchase confirmation page and a link will be sent to the mobile phone number you specified. Open the link to download the content to your mobile.
- What will I do with the link I get on my mobile phone?
Simply click the link to open it. If the phone asks if you want to install or save the content, just click yes to get the content into your phone. Content will reside in your phone’s native or expansion memory depending on what you specified. You might have to look in several folders to locate it.
- When will I be charged?
You will be charged when you successfully open a link and install or activate the content to your phone.
- If I hit the download button and I change my mind can I still cancel the download?
If that happens to you, just calmly hit the cancel button and the purchase won’t go through.
- If the content isn’t successfully delivered to my mobile phone will I still be charged?
If your mobile phone doesn’t get the link by sms or if the link doesn’t open, preventing you from saving and later on enjoying the content on your phone, you will not be charged.
- Can I download content to my pc?
- Can I use content from my phone on another phone?
Yes, under certain conditions. For instance, you can save the content in an expansion memory card and insert that into another phone. The game might load and the music might play if the content is compatible with the phone unit’s make and model.
- Can I forward content?
Currently, no. The labels and the artists don’t allow it.
- Does the content purchased have a limited life or usability?
Once you’ve purchased content on sandbox it’s yours to enjoy as much as you want. On games, there may be trial versions which would be playable only within a limited period.
- Will it work anywhere in the world?
If it’s on the web, it works everywhere in the world. Guess what? Sandbox is on the web.